Memphis Rats and Mice Removal
Rodent Control Services in Germantown and the Surrounding Areas
Dealing with a rat or mouse infestation can be distressing. These small creatures can cause significant damage to your property and pose health risks, but not all rodent removal services are created equal. At General's Wildlife Removal, we understand the urgent need for effective and efficient rodent control services. Our team of experienced professionals offers comprehensive solutions to free your home from these unwelcome visitors. We pride ourselves on offering high-quality services tailored to your needs.
The Unseen Threat of Rats and Mice
With their diminutive size and quiet demeanor, rats and mice are often an underestimated threat until the damage becomes apparent. They pose significant risks to both homes and businesses, and here's why:
One of the biggest concerns of a rat or mouse infestation is the extensive property damage it can cause. These small creatures have strong, sharp teeth that can chew through virtually anything:
- Electrical Wires. Rodents love to gnaw on electrical wires, which can result in electrical outages and increase the risk of house fires.
- Structural Damage. Rodents can bore into wooden structures such as beams and floorboards, compromising the structural integrity of your home.
- Plumbing. In some extreme cases, rats have been known to chew through plumbing, causing water leaks that can lead to expensive repairs.
Health Risks and Food Contamination
Rats and mice don't just cause physical damage to your property; they also carry a range of diseases that pose serious health risks to humans. Some of these include:
- Hantavirus. This potentially life-threatening disease is transmitted through rodent droppings, urine, or saliva. Humans can contract it by inhaling dust that is contaminated with these materials.
- Salmonellosis. Rodents can spread the salmonella bacteria, a type of food poisoning, by contaminating food and cooking surfaces with feces.
- Leptospirosis. This bacterial disease can be contracted through contact with water, soil, or food contaminated by the urine of infected rodents.
Rodents scurrying around in the pantry can contaminate your food supply, leading to these foodborne illnesses.
Stress and Anxiety
Beyond the tangible damage, the mere presence of rats and mice can lead to significant stress and anxiety. This psychological toll, often overlooked, is as real and concerning as the physical damage they cause.
Signs of an Infestation
Knowing the signs of a rat or mouse infestation can help you take action before the problem escalates. Here are a few signs to watch out for:
- Scratching Noises. This is often the first sign of a rodent problem. You might hear scratching, scurrying, or gnawing in your walls, ceilings, or floors, especially at night.
- Droppings. Rodent droppings are a clear sign of an infestation. Rat droppings are larger and more scattered, while mouse droppings are smaller and often found in trails.
- Gnaw Marks. Both rats and mice are known for their constant gnawing. You might find bite marks on food packaging, furniture, wires, or other structures around your home.
- Nests. Rats and mice build nests from shredded paper, cloth, or other fibrous materials. You might find these nests in hidden areas like behind appliances or in wall cavities.
Is rodent removal service safe for my family and pets?
Absolutely. Our team is trained in safe and humane removal techniques. Additionally, we thoroughly clean and sanitize the affected areas after removal to ensure your home is safe and healthy for you and your pets.
What should I do if I suspect a rat or mouse infestation?
If you suspect a rat or mouse infestation, contact us immediately. Our experienced team will assess your situation and devise a customized plan to deal effectively with the problem.
Can I remove rats and mice from my property myself?
While DIY solutions are available, it's usually best to leave rodent removal to the professionals. This is because improper handling could expose you to diseases. Additionally, professionals like those at General's Wildlife Removal have the expertise to remove rodents and identify and seal entry points to prevent future infestations.
Our Rodent Removal Process
Rats and mice are opportunistic creatures. They can squeeze through the smallest gaps and cracks in your home, searching for food and shelter. At General's Wildlife Removal, we adhere to a comprehensive rodent removal process:
- Free Initial Inspection. Our process begins by thoroughly inspecting your property. This helps us assess the severity of the infestation and develop a tailored removal strategy.
- Rodent Proofing. We seal all entry points to prevent rodents from gaining access to your home or business.
- Trapping and Removal. We employ safe and humane methods to catch rodents. Once captured, we remove them from your property.
- Cleaning and Disinfection. After removing the rodents, we clean and disinfect the affected areas to prevent the spread of diseases.
- Prevention. We provide advice on preventive measures to keep rodents from returning.
Get Rid of Rats and Mice with General's Wildlife Removal
When the unwanted noise and mess of rats and mice invade your space, look no further than General's Wildlife Removal. We prioritize rapid, same-day response to your calls, backed by an experienced team who have tackled rodent troubles for over half a decade.
Safety comes first with our child and pet-friendly methods. But it's not just about dealing with the immediate issue – we implement preventative measures for long-lasting rodent relief. Moreover, we stand by the quality of our work, providing a two-year warranty on full-house exclusion jobs.
They got rid of my rodent problem as promised.
General’s lived up to their pledge and were fast and responsive throughout the whole process.Angela M.
Hunter is a Godsend!
I called because there was a snake in front of my garage that got inside. He came immediately and removed it with no problem. So grateful! Most definitely recommend and will call again if/when needed.Tiffany D.